Jobs at Bluesky.
Community & Developer Relations
Bluesky’s mission is to transition the social web from platforms to protocols. We’re building a federated social network where users have more power. Our team has decades of combined experience building distributed applications.
As a community and developer relations lead, you’ll help us grow a protocol ecosystem and social app. We serve two categories of people, developers and social users, and are looking for a team member who can be attuned to the needs of both at this early stage!
- Develop and execute strategies to drive user acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Build relationships with users, developers, and contributors of our open source projects
- Research, write, and edit high-quality content including blog posts, technical and nontechnical documentation, and presentations
- Moderate user and developer communities across platforms such as Matrix, Discord, Slack, Bluesky, etc.
- Monitor and respond to user and developer feedback
- Proactively improve our product and protocol
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Strong empathy, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills, including technical writing
- Strong preference for working independently, forming your own strategies, and carrying them out without oversight
- Experience building and managing online communities
- Familiarity with and interest in social media
- Experience with marketing, growth, and communications strategies
- Ability to work collaboratively with engineering and product teams
- Ability to write documentation and communicate developer feedback
- Ideas about what the future of social could look like
- Preference for working on small, fast-moving teams
- Knowledge of open source software development practices and tools
We’re a fully remote team, though an overlap of working hours with PST is required. For full-time roles we offer health, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply, email [email protected] with:
- A resume or CV (link or PDF)
- A cover letter that tells us why you care about what we're working on and how your skills equip you to work on it (link or PDF)
- Links to your social profiles, writing, or technical work