Jobs at Bluesky.
Bluesky’s mission is to transition the social web from platforms to protocols. We’re building a federated social network where users have more power. Our team has decades of combined experience building distributed applications. As a Typescript dev, you’ll be writing protocol and backend code that will be a critical part of transforming social media.
- Develop and maintain the Typescript AT Protocol implementation
- Scale our existing services to millions of users
- Create SDK and API tools for an ecosystem of protocol developers
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 4+ years of experience with Typescript
- Have a strong knowledge of data structures and software design principles
- Have experience working with Postgres at scale
- Are familiar with distributed systems
- Have built scalable and high-performance server-side applications
- Like working on small, fast-moving teams
- Read the atproto docs and want to contribute
We’re especially excited if you have:
- Previous experience working on social sites
- Experience with cryptographic primitives such as public/private keys and merkle trees
- Experience with the IPLD or DID ecosystems
- Experience with Golang or React
We're a fully remote team, though an overlap of working hours with CST (Central Standard Time) is required. For full-time roles we offer health, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply, email [email protected] with:
- A resume or CV (link or PDF)
- A cover letter that tells us why you care and how you can contribute (link or PDF)
- A link to your GitHub, GitLab, or a portfolio of past work